Monday, March 17, 2014

Saint Patrick's Day

 Happy Saint Patrick's Day! We love being festive and as soon as we saw these shamrock tights we knew that we had to post about them. It was a perfect, sunny day and we grabbed our friend Leah to shoot a few pictures for us at school. This was the perfect way for us to kick off the beginning of our spring posts. 


{Mackenzie}
I love dressing up for holidays and I love tights so when Autumn suggested we do both for "Leprechaun Day" I was all over the idea. This is my go-to skirt for tights because it is the perfect length. I added the belt for a little more color and to define my waist line. I think belts are so fun to add a little POP to any outfit. I kept the rest of the outfit pretty neutral to keep the focus on the green. And the fedora added a perfect spring touch.

{Autumn}
First off, I have to give mad props to my sweet aunt Cari for practically this whole outfit. My skirt, sweater and shoes all belong to her. My new favorite thing is polka dots on polka dots. I love them! My outfit may seem a little crazy with the three different patterns but when being festive for a holiday, it's okay to be a little funky. Sometimes I get sick of doing my hair and I put it up. Usually I put it in one bun but I thought two matched the theme of my outfit. For any holiday, I suggest going to any store and picking out one festive item (usually tights or socks) and then plan your usual stylish outfit around that item. It will be perfect! 




{Autumn}
shirt- h&m
sweater- target
skirt- forever 21
tights- target
boots- vintage

{Mackenzie}
hat- forever 21
shirt- target
belt- old navy
skirt- kohl's
tights- target
booties- cotton on


{Autie Beth & Kenzie Kay}

No comments:

Post a Comment